Thursday, April 4, 2013

A Bittersweet Moment

We had the boys' IEP meeting a couple of weeks ago and I am still processing it.  The boys' have been discharged from both special education and speech services as of their birthday.  I am so excited for their speech development, Miss Hillary said they scored above average on their speech testing that she did right before the meeting.  I am also a little hesitant because of all the progress we have made and I am terrified that we will see regression after we get back from vacation.  They have made huge strides this year and I really thrilled with their progress and every day I am amazed by something they say to me.  Their vocabulary is amazing and they are so incredibly smart and intuitive and compassionate.  But... I just worry without those extra pushes they have been receiving from Miss Cheryl and Miss Hillary they will regress.  I know it is silly, their teacher told me the other day they shared in class and the other kids were asking questions and they were answering those questions and my heart soared hearing that.  I never thought they were going to have easy drop offs and interact easily with their classmates.
I wanted to prepare them for the fact that Miss Hillary and Miss Cheryl won't be in their class after we get back from North Carolina to which I got a "that's OK momma, its OK they won't be there!"  Well... I won't tell Miss Hillary and Miss Cheryl you said that lol! I guess we will see what happens, but I really hope they do well!  These boys really do blow me away everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment